Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Always On My Mind

The other day mom left me home with dad as she and my girl went to spend a few days visiting grandparents. They even went to visit my girl's great-grandmothers eight hours away!

One day during their visit, the four generations of ladies went to the mall to shop. As I understand it, grandma and great-grandma were perusing the ladies department while mom and my girl shopped the adjoining girls' section at one of the stores.

Mom found a super cute shirt with a picture of a golden retriever puppy on it and showed it to my girl. A wonderful dialogue began about how cute the puppy on the shirt was and how much it looked like me when I came to live with my family!

Then, much to mom's surprise, my girl burst into uncontrollable sobs and exclamations about how much she missed me! She was carrying on so much that the grandmothers heard her from the other department and quickly came to see what the problem was!

Mom couldn't help but giggle about it all and (of course!) bought the shirt! So nice to know that even though I might be out of sight, I'm not out of mind! Needless to say, I had plenty of kisses for both of them when they returned home!

4 comments:

  1. Well of course we miss them. They are watching all the good tv shows while we are gone! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aawww, how sweet!! Absence really does make the heart grow fonder, doesn't it? Maybe next time you can come along instead of being a "left-behinder!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sooo sweet...! I know that they will be the best of friends and their bond will only grow stronger as they grow up together.

    ReplyDelete